Currently Landmark Medical Center has 15 additional residents who tested positive and who are all asymptomatic. We have created a unit that allows the residents to move around while being kept from the other residents who tested negative. We have three additional staff who tested positive (also asymptomatic). We continue to be vigilant in protecting all residents and staff.
Landmark had a full facility-wide test of COVID-19 on 5/20/2020. All residents and staff have been tested. We will follow our Mitigation Plan and Enhanced Infection Control Protocol as the results become available. This week two more staff who have been isolating at home have tested positive. We have had 16 staff test positive prior to our mass testing. Three of these employees have returned to work and we hope that all the affected staff will make a full recovery and return to work soon. We continue to have good staffing levels with some adjustments to the schedule.
We have three more staff who have been confirmed positive and four staff at home with symptoms of COVID-19 waiting for their test results. We have had no residents with symptoms of COVID-19 this week. We continue to follow the Enhanced Infection Control Protocol and staff continues to wear masks.
Five staff have been off work for suspected COVID-19 and four staff were confirmed. One staff at home is waiting for test results. The residents have come out of isolation and we have no new reports of suspected COVID-19 symptoms in our residents. We are following all Enhanced Infection Control Protocol and all staff continues to wear masks.
Three staff have been confirmed positive for Covid-19 and are isolating at home. Of the four residents who were in isolation, three have been tested positive. One is not positive but remains in the cohort group and in isolation. All staff are following Enhanced Infection Control Protocol and we are following all CDC, CDPH, and Public Health guidelines. All staff are wearing masks.
One employee has tested positive and is currently in isolation at home. Four residents are in isolation for suspected COVID-19. Residents will be in isolation for 14 days. Staff are following Enhanced Infection Control protocol. All staff are wearing masks.
March 11, 2020
On March 11, 2020 Landmark Medical Center began testing all persons entering the facility for there temperature. All visitations, pass, and outings were canceled and just about everything about business as usual changed. We make the floor to assist residents in staying 6 feet apart. We stopped having groups with more than 10 persons including staff. We began an alternative dining program and snack program and we continue to make adjustments as new information become available. We are able to connect residents with FaceTime and Zoom for visits with family. We also encourage phone calls and letter writing. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
COVID-19 Information and Precautions
We recognize that nursing homes and assisted living facilities are at high risk for contracting and spreading infectious diseases including COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019). Our utmost concern is for the health and well-being of each of our residents and to ensure our staff is healthy and able to continue to care for residents.
We continue to take cautionary measures and follow CDC guidelines. We are also receiving information from state and local officials. Please review this information and see the precautions we are taking to protect against COVID-19.
The measures we are taking include:
- Clear and constant communication with staff, residents, and visitors
- Posting signs and reminders at the facility
- Communicating verbal answers from staff to residents and visitors
- Posting information to our website
- Protection with our workforce includes:
- Screening employees and residents for symptoms of acute respiratory illness (fever, cough, difficulty breathing)
- Sick leave policies are non-punitive and flexible
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home and call in replacement staff
- Training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Protection with our residents includes:
- Separating residents who show respiratory symptoms away from others
- No field trips and activities outside the facility
- Having activities that allow residents to maintain safe distances from others
- Allowing for in-room dining to reduce the risk of spreading disease
- Increasing cleaning in common areas (therapy rehabilitation area, dining area, activity area, lobby area, etc.)
- Protection of all visitors, vendors, and deliveries includes:
- Restriction of all visitors (only “end of life” exceptions made)
- Restriction of all vendors (attention to social distancing recommendations)
- Encouraging family and friends to reach out socially (phone call, video conferencing) to residents to help with feelings of loneliness and isolation
We appreciate the confidence and trust you have in us to care for family members. We will keep you informed as we navigate the ongoing situation.